A brow lift performed at Keller Plastic Surgery in Southern California by board-certified facial plastic surgeon Dr. Gregory S. Keller and his team of dedicated professionals can improve the facial appearance of men and women residing in Santa Barbara, Los Angeles, Beverly Hills, and nearby communities in Southern California. Dr. Keller invented the endoscopic brow lift, and has performed thousands of these procedures. Dr Keller achieves the results with endoscopic brow lifting that other surgeons can only achieve with larger incisions and recovery time. The hairline can be raised or lowered with this procedure.
What is the purpose of a Brow Lift?
A brow lift, sometimes called a forehead lift, is a procedure that surgically tightens, rejuvenates, and refreshes the upper facial area around the forehead and eyebrows. The brow lift eliminates bags of sagging skin from the brow area, erasing lines and creases between the eyebrows, and horizontal lines across the forehead.
How does a Brow Lift rejuvenate a person’s appearance?
A brow lift improves the facial appearance by achieving the following:
- Raising fallen aging eyebrows to a more youthful position on the face, and, when necessary, adding volume to impart a more alert and youthful expression.
- Reducing thick, heavy eyebrows to make the eyes more visible.
- Lifting and tightening the skin in the brow region that may hang over the upper eyelid and obstruct the patient’s vision.
- Eliminate wrinkles, creases, and horizontal lines across the forehead.
- Diminishing vertical creases and worry lines between the eyebrows.
- Restoring symmetry and balance to eyebrows that are asymmetrical.
- In some instances, lowering the hairline when the forehead appears “too high”
Who can benefit from a Brow Lift?
A brow lift may be an ideal procedure for you if you are an adult in good health who wishes to eliminate sagging skin from heavy eyebrows or wrinkles and creases in the forehead. Brow lift surgery is especially recommended for those who wish to treat the following conditions:
- Sagging or drooping eyebrows that have a thick, heavy appearance
- Creases or wrinkles that extend horizontally across the forehead
- Vertical creases between the eyebrows such as worry lines or frown lines
- Lowering or raising the hairline to produce a shorter or longer forehead
What happens during a Brow Lift procedure?
The brow lift is performed under general anesthesia and may be done using either the traditional method or a newer, less invasive endoscopic method. Both procedures are done using a tiny incision through which Dr. Keller lifts the skin of the forehead, extracts pockets of fat, tightens underlying muscles, and trims away excess skin.
Can I combine a Brow Lift with other procedures?
It is very common for patients to combine the brow lift with other facial rejuvenation procedures, such as blepharoplasty to trim away sagging skin around the eyes, or a neck lift to tighten the lower face and neck. Other procedures such as facial liposuction may further enhance your facial rejuvenation, providing added definition and contouring. Hairline raising or lowering can also be performed with the brow lift.
What can I expect while recovering from a Brow Lift?
You will need to have someone drive you home after your surgery and provide home care while you rest after your surgery. You will have to keep your head elevated for the first 48 hours. You may experience some swelling, numbness, and temporary soreness around the incision area, and swelling may affect the eyes, nose, and cheeks, but this will subside on its own within a week or so. Some patients experience hair loss around the incision area, but this happens rarely, and normal hair growth will resume within a few weeks or months. If you have the endoscopic brow lift, you may experience significantly less discomfort and typically heal faster than those who undergo the traditional surgery.
Rejuvenate your upper facial region with a brow lift performed at Keller Plastic Surgery, led by Dr. Gregory S. Keller, a board-certified facial plastic surgeon serving residents of Santa Barbara, Los Angeles, and Beverly Hills, and neighboring areas in Southern California. Contact our office today to schedule your consultation!